Responding to the difficult time that society finds itself in our church is making a number of significant changes. This will impact all of us and we need to consider the needs of the people in our church, our responsibility as citizens of this nation and our desire to remain faithful to our Lord in all that we do.
Last Updated 26th March
Sunday Morning Service/s:
- Our Sunday Service will be live streamed so that you can join us in your home.
- The Chinese service will also be streamed in some way, though further information will be provided via the Chinese Ministry Core Group.
- Children's and Youth ministries will not operate, though there will be a children’s story on the live stream with an activity sheet available for downloading.
Caring for One Another:
- Make the effort to ring the people you normally sit next to or chat with.
- As per government recommendations, everyone is encouraged to self-isolate and limit face-face interactions to only those within their households to care for others.
- Instead of the regular evening service a small group (online via video conferencing) is being formed for those who attend the evening service as their primary service.
- It will be up to each group to decide whether to continue via online means or cancel.
As we continue to journey together, let’s remember that the church is not a building the church is the people. So while many will not be meeting together in person, make no mistake about it, we’re still going to be the church. Let’s take this moment as an opportunity to share God’s love with others and be good neighbours – to see a need and meet it.
Until further advice, the above arrangements will be in place.
Over the coming weeks we will seek to update our Facebook page and our website as well as contacting people by email and phone to keep you up to date with what is happening here at Islington Baptist Church.
May you know God’s blessing,
Live Stream link