Responding to the difficult time that society finds itself in our church is making a number of significant changes. This will impact all of us and we need to consider the needs of the people in our church, our responsibility as citizens of this nation and our desire to remain faithful to our Lord in all that we do.
Last Updated 6th August 2020
Sunday Morning Service/s:
- Sunday Services (English) are now open for you to join in-person. They will also continue to be live streamed so that you can join us in your home.
- The Chinese service will begin in-person (+ live-stream) in early August.
- Children's and Youth ministries are not yet operating, though there will be a children’s story on the English AM live stream with an activity sheet available for downloading.
Restrictions if you come to the church building
We are now allowed to have up to 100 people present, with 60 in the main church building based on the 4 square metre rule. There are other conditions for those gathering & the service will look and feel different to what you may expect.
For example, based on NSW Health guidelines:
- The church will not be open until 9.15am and entry will only be via the front door. The rest of the buildings will remain closed.
- Your attendance will be recorded on-entry with your name, the time, and a contact phone number.
- Your temperature will be checked and anyone with a reading of 37.5 degrees or higher will be refused entry.
- Singing along with songs is not permitted as this has been shown to increase risk of virus transmission.
- Any drinks or food served must be served to you rather than self serve. At this stage, food is not being being served at most gatherings.
- Physical Distancing of 1.5m is to be maintained at all times.
- If more than the maximum number of people attend some will be turned away.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- You will need to stay away if you are unwell.
You can view our COVIDsafe plan here.
As we continue to journey together, let’s remember that the church is not a building the church is the people. So while many will not be meeting together in person, make no mistake about it, we’re still going to be the church. Let’s take this moment as an opportunity to share God’s love with others and be good neighbours – to see a need and meet it.
May you know God’s blessing,
Chris Gentle & the leadership team
Live Stream link